The Samek Art Museum is inviting local community members – including Bucknell faculty, staff, students, or our neighbors in the Lewisburg area – to contribute objects to an exhibition!
The exhibition, Show & Tell, will be on view at the Downtown Gallery from Tuesday, June 4th through Sunday, October 13, 2019.
The subject is beauty – whatever that means to you. Each participant will share one object they think is beautiful – it can be (almost) anything! We only ask that each participant includes a short statement (max. 150 words) about what makes their object beautiful.
Submissions will now be accepted on a rolling basis until August 1st or we run out of space, whichever happens first!
The next drop-off dates are Monday, May 20th – Friday, May 24th between 11 am and 6 pm at the Downtown Gallery. Please review guidelines below before dropping off an object.
- Must be ready to display
- If two-dimensional or mounted directly to the wall, it must fit within a 24 x 24 inch square.
- If three-dimensional, it must fit on a shelf that is 20 inches wide, 12 inches deep, with a weight limit of 25 lbs. Three-dimensional objects should not exceed 18 inches in height.
- No food, liquid, plant matter, or animals
- No weapons or hazardous materials
- Must be willing to part with the object for the duration of the exhibition
- Must drop off and pick up object before and after the exhibition.
- Objects will be selected in accordance with relevant university policy
*Please note objects are not covered by the museum’s insurance policy. While every object will be handled with care by professional staff in a secure gallery, the museum is not held liable for lost or damaged items.
Want to hear more? Want to participate? Have questions not answered above?
Email Theresa Engelbrecht at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 570-577-3282