With many of us spending far more time at home, those of us with dogs have spent a great deal of time with our canine companions! The Samek Art Museum is home to its own hounds. Here are just a few artworks in our collection that feature dogs, and some fun activities inspired by them. When you are done remember to upload your creation along with the inspiration image to our community art wall!
The Samek has Gone to the Dogs Inspired Activities
Activity: Your Dog as a Masterpiece!
- Take a look at the artworks above which each feature one or more dogs!
- Select an artwork to recreate
- Gather supplies from around your home, and then ask your canine best friend to join you! Don’t have a dog? Feel free to use a stuffed animal or another pet!
- Arrange the items and pose your dog to match the artwork.
- Snap a photo!
Activity: What Was I Thinking?
1. On a blank piece of lined paper, create a narrative about what the dog in the image is thinking.
2. Look at the dog’s facial expression and take a guess.
3. Click on any of the images to enlarge them and check for any clues to help create your story.