Richard Rinehart, Director
Profile: Richard Rinehart is Director and Chief Curator of the Samek Art Gallery & Downtown Art Gallery at Bucknell University. He has served as Digital Media Director & Adjunct Curator at the UC Berkeley Art Museum and as curator at New Langton Arts and for the San Jose Arts Commission. He juried for the Rockefeller Foundation, Rhizome.org, and others. Richard has taught courses on art and new media at UC Berkeley, UC Santa Cruz, the San Francisco Art Institute and elsewhere. He has lead NEA and NEH-funded national research projects on new media, art, preservation, and museums and he is currently working on a book for MIT Press on preserving digital culture. He served on the boards of the Berkeley Center for New Media, New Langton Arts, and the Museum Computer Network.
Posts by Richard Rinehart, Director:
- Seeking Public Programs and Outreach Manager
- Samek at Conference on New Media Art
- Andy Warhol Film Screenings + Reception
- Scope Art Fair, Whitney Biennial, & Saks: Rants and Pseudomorphisms
- A new year, a new name, a new purpose
- Will a seminal generation of artworks be lost forever?
- Peach Pie Party Proves Filling!
- Do It Fridays (in the Gallery)!